Saturday, July 31, 2010

5 minute with Fatima suriya bajiya

5 minute with the legend. 5 minutes of my life gives me a memory for my life time

In the book launching ceremony of “FASANA RAQAM KAREN” written by Mujahid Barelvi, I had an opportunity to have a glimpse of Fatima Suriya bajiya. She is among those 5 personalities of the world whom I want to meet in my life.

When I saw her, I really wanted to go at once and meet her and do some chit chat with her on journalism and on urdu language. But as she is the legend so I cant find any way out at that moment to go and meet her. So I just sat quietly and enjoyed the rest of the event.

There were several great speakers in the event who portrayed the writer in different ways. Thing to remember that my target is still Ms.Fatima Suriya. What to do! How to go and meet her? Several great personalities are with her would she like to meet me or not?

These were the question coming out from my mind. But, then I said to me that she is the whom you want to meet , so get up and go to her. But, still I remain on my seat.


As soon as host announced the closing of the event I went to the author and get the autographed copy of FASAN RAQAM KAREN. After getting an autograph from him , I saw Ms.Bajiya sitting alone and there was no one around him. Huh! What a great chance for me it was. Just think for a minute if the person whom you want to meet in your life . sitting in front of you , idle, and jus for a walk of 0.01 mili second. Wont it be a great feeling?

(We had a conversation in urdu ..m translating it in English)
I just at once go to her and say Assalmo Alikum.
She replied: Mashallah
She: Whats your name?
Me: Nauman Adil
Me: Its my pleasure to meet you.
She: What do u do?
Me: I am the student of MBA, just started writing on Economic affairs of the country
She: May God bless You.
Me: (DIRECTLY) Don’t you think people in the country these days are not giving respect to URDU language
She: Yes, I agree, But after attending such gatherings I feel like our nation still respect urdu.
Me: I am talking about the young generation
She: Yes, they are not respecting. I pity on them. But , on the other hand Nauman (she remembers my name) they are not properly awared about our language now. In their school days they have been ask to emphasized on western language rather than to make their focus on Urdu Language. But those who start focusing properly on urdu language, read urdu poetry, try to understand those poetry ….(BREAK) ..still respects our language and they are the pride for the language.
Me: hmmm (that’s my style whenever m agreed with something)
She: For which news paper you writes for
Me: I just start writing and writes for The financial Daily
She: Transmit your knowledge to youngsters too, to keep the wheel rolling
Me: Thank You
She; May god bless you
Me: may I have a photograph wid u
She: Is this a thing to ask with me? You are a good boy.
Me: 

And then I had a photograph with her. When I say Khuda Hafiz to her she replied with a great smile on her face and said Khush Raho

This is a memorable day of my life and I met a lady whom I want to meet in my life.

May god bless her with all the happness in life and may God give long life to Ms.Bajiya

2 comments: